cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare Download

Carson
Associate II

Hello, I have made a lot of posts over the last few days while trying to bring up an ST development board trying to fix the issue, and I think I finally figured out what's wrong. I am following two guides being these sources: STM32MP25 Evaluation boards - Starter Package - stm32mpu and Populate the target and boot the image - stm32mpu. I am using a windows computer, and I now see that it is because I don't have VMWare, and upon going to your link in the PC prerequisites tab it leads to a download page in which hasn't been working for a while it seems, I am wondering if anyone knows any alternate download spots, I can go in order to get the required software. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Carson ,

First the 2 pages you mentioned address Linux PC but can be also achieve with a windows PC as far as only Starter Package (pre-built image) is concerned. 

Anyway for futur development with Developer or Distribution package a Linux Host Station is required. 

If you plan to develop a complete product I really advise to invest in a real Linux Station. 

VMWare can anyway be a solution at evaluation steps.  

This said, which link are you referring to in PC prerequisite ? 

Following http://osboxes.org [7] I can then retrieve a download link for recommanded Ubuntu 22.04 LTS version

Ubuntu Virtual Machine Images for VirtualBox and VMware (osboxes.org)

Hope it help 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.