Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest an Eval Kit for STM32F101CB ?

raghunandana
Associate
Posted on December 09, 2013 at 06:37

Hi,

I am in search of Evaluation Kit for STM32F101CB , I am bit confused about picking a right evaluation board for this processor :(

Can anyone please suggest me a good evaluation environment for STM32F101CB  ??

#stm32f101
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on December 09, 2013 at 13:24

What is the purpose of the evaluation board in your development cycle?

Can this be served by using a similar STM32 part and using a subset of it's functionality?

Or by using an existing board, with the same chip config/pin-out and simply desoldering and replacing your specific part selection?

You might want to review the documentation, and contact a local ST sales, or rep contact.

http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/stm32f101-stm32f102-and-stm32f103-evaluation-board-stm3210e-sk-keil/35458

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
raghunandana
Associate
Posted on December 10, 2013 at 05:39

Hi clivel,

Thanks for the support,

We are planning to upgrade the controller form STM32F100C8 to STM32F101CB,

So I am doing a feasibility study on it, major feature that are not available in STM32F101CB are timers ( has only TIM2, TIM3, TIM4 ), I need to test some of the application codes which will get changed when we migrate the processor from

STM32F100C8 to STM32F101CB.

So I was specifically searching for STM32F101xx evaluation kit.

Posted on December 10, 2013 at 06:50

Understood, but thing is that there are not always eval boards for all possible variants/footprints.

If you have an existing 48-pin board design, order some of the new parts and build up a couple of boards.

Having used a couple of STM32 parts here, the porting effort between them is pretty minimal, you can effectively emulate lower rated parts but simply not using features you expect to be missing.

Something like this could be readily modified.

http://www.bravekit.com/STM32F100_HB_development_header_development_board_JTAG_ARM_CORTEX_M3

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..