cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My product should have a lifetime of 10 years. So using STM32F107RCT7 chipset will meet my requirement? Also planning to procure the EVB module STM3210C-EVAL, but it shows obsolete in your website. Kindly suggest me on the availability or any alternate.

Sandeep1
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Sandeep​ and welcome to ST Community,

>> So using STM32F107RCT7 chipset will meet my requirement?

You can check here for any product longevity!

The STM32F107RCT7 will be active for 10 years starting from January 2023

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhaUVQAY.png 

>> suggest me on the availability or any alternate

Regarding the alternate of the STM3210C-EVAL, the cross selector tool of STM32CubeMX can be really helpful to compare and find alternate available products,

check this link on how to use it!

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Sandeep​, to the community!

The STM32F107RC has just been extended again for another 10 years, so you don't have to worry. Depending on the package size you want, it makes sense to look at the newer STM32 such as the STM32F407VGT7, as the STM32F1 is still based on the rather old Cortex-M3.

The STM3210C-EVAL was in fact discontinued many years ago. Depending on what kind of development system you want, there are now (availability depends on the family):

• NUCLEO boards (starting point with full freedom to develop)
  • DISCOVERY boards (almost complete demonstration boards to discover the possibilities, but almost no freedom to develop own systems)
  • EVAL boards (full featured development set)

Unfortunately, there is no longer a ready-made board for the older STM32F107. However, you can easily convert a NUCLEO-F103RB by desoldering the target STM32F103RB and soldering an STM32F107RCT6 or ...7 on it. Just to be on the safe side, check the solder bridges for correctness, and then you can immediately start with the development.

Does it help?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Probably some more compelling boards and parts available now.

What specific features of the F107 are drawing you? CAN, Ethernet?

Several other F107 EVB out their.

For ST's EVAL board, perhaps try the secondary markets like eBay, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply!

By replacing STM32F103RB on NUCLEO-F103RB I would not be able to do my ethernet development. So looks like its not a suitable idea. Kindly suggest if there is any F107 options or any other series with same features of STM32F107 series.

Thanks

Sandeep

Sandeep1
Associate II

Hi Tesla,

I am drawing the Ethernet features. Glad to know there are some options from F107, looking for your suggestions eagerly.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Most of the NUCLEO-144 boards support Ethernet, and quite a lot of the DISCO boards, with a subset supporting PoE

I think I have a couple of the STM3210C boards, Golden Dragon, and STM32-MICRIUM / STM32CMICOS-EVAL boards.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32-micrium.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225044984363

Hi Tesla,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I need to run Zephyr RTOS on my board and the EVB boards you suggested are not supporting the mentioned Zephyr RTOS.

Kindly help me with some other series micro-controllers, I am mentioning my requirement as below:

Low cost Industrial micro-controller with Zephyr RTOS support with major serial interfaces requirement as

SPI : 2 in qty

I2C : 2 in qty

UART : 3 in qty

Ethernet(MII/RMII) : 1 in qty

Regards,

Sandeep

If you're not willing to do your own porting to boards, suggest you go through a list of supported boards and check off the ones supporting your needs.

I'd expect most of the NUCLEO-144 boards to be able to support the requested serial interfaces, though you'll likely need to wire your own headers, and do your own due diligence.