cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCBSTM32F200 MicroController NRST signal

r_zijoo
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 01:33

I have started using the MCBSTM32F200 eval board but I cant figure out how to control the NSRT signal. It says J1 next to it on the schematic but I don't know that means.

#nsrt #stm32
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 02:19

J1 is a ball designator for the STM32's BGA

The /RST signal goes to half a dozen chips, and to the RESET button.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
r_zijoo
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 02:46

The confusion I am having is that \RST is part of the power up sequence in some peripherals. If I try to set it to 1 or 0 during the power up sequence, would that end up resetting the micro-controller as well?

I ignored it the \RST signal till now. I haven't been able to get everything to run. I am not sure if that is the cause.

Posted on February 11, 2014 at 03:05

If I try to set it to 1 or 0 during the power up sequence, would that end up resetting the micro-controller as well?

Indeed, that's exactly what I'd expect, what did you want it to achieve, and why?

If you want to control the reset to other peripherals individually you'd have to design a board to do that.

Driving the STM32's NRST high with a push-pull driven signal will result in the device not resetting properly, and not be able to reset through the NVIC's System Reset.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
r_zijoo
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 03:29

Yes, I thought that would be very problematic. I am currently programming the CS42L52  Audio codec. The \Rst signal is part of the power up sequence. Or at least stated in it.

What I'm trying to do is make the speaker beep. I got the I2C address of the CS42L52 codec from the schematic and started sending data using the I2C library Keil provided. I can see the data register change using the debugger but nothing happens in the other registers. And there no error in returned in the write either.

Since beep is a built in feature of the codec, programming it should be easier. Considering I do not have to transfer any sample audio data.

Thank you for your help, I got blocked at this point.