Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select an old firmware package in projet settings

pdu-fr
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2016 at 09:31

CubeMX V4.15.1

I would like to create a new project using an old firmware package for my STM32F4 (1.11.0 or older for instance). I can't find a way to select the version of the package in the project settings.

Regards,

Patrick.
3 REPLIES 3
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on July 11, 2016 at 16:18

Hi pdu-fr, 

CubeMx tool always use the last firmware release/versions of STM32Cube packages and automatically notify the user for the new ones before code generation.

I don't see the correct side from generating using an old versions because there is always enhancement and bug fixes in the new release.

-Hannibal-

srikrishnan
Associate II
Posted on July 11, 2016 at 16:25

I also have the same requirement of using an older Firmware version FW1.3.1 for my project. Unfortunately, CubeMX is forcing me to use FW1.4. the new firmware version has introduced new bugs and unnecessary errors. How can I force CubeMX to look at an older version? If this is not possible, do you have a place where you allow users to download older firmware and CubeMX? I would like to request for CubeMX 4.14.2 with FW1.3.1 for STM32F1 line.

Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on July 11, 2016 at 17:17

Hi srinivasan.srikrishn,

I suggest a solution for your requirement :

go to the folder where the STM32cube packages used by CubeMx tool are located at a similar path to this: C:\Users\''UserName''\STM32Cube\Repository\

Delete recent STM32Cube packages of your device and keep only the one that you want to use, if it is not there, try to download it separately form

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software.html?querycriteria=productId=LN1897

and place it there.

After that before generating code, if the tool ask to upgrade deny and continue.

-Hannibal-