cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in X-CUBE-BLE1 with MDK-ARM (Keil) !!!

ganesha
Associate
Posted on March 01, 2015 at 14:10

Hi,

I was recently at ST Booth, Embedded world in Nürnberg. I received two development kits - STM32 dev kit (NUCLEO--L053R8) and Bluetooth add on board (X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1). Microcotroller I have on dev kit is STM32L053R8T6.

To begin with I downloaded Bluetooth low energy BlueNRG software for STM32, expansion for STM32Cube (part number :  X-CUBE-BLE1).

I am using a 32K evaluation version Keil MDK-ARM compiler. I could flash the software but it did not work for me. When I tried to scan via BlueNRG app in my android phone, I never saw the device. To debug the problem I did a single stepping through the code and found code to jump at places. So I thought may be it is a optimization problem. So decreased the optimization level at compile time. It did not work.

Then I used the IAR EWARM compiler for same project and it did work.

So I think source code has no problem but MDK-ARM settings are not correct. Could you please suggest me solution to get it work along ARM-MDK.

My Keil MDK-ARM version :  µvision 5.14.0.0

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 01, 2015 at 19:03

To debug the problem I did a single stepping through the code and found code to jump at places.

I'm not sure what that means, does the code Hard Fault, or is otherwise evidently wrong? With no optimization did it perform differently.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..