cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare Classic with CR95HF

jclapson
Associate
Posted on April 02, 2015 at 06:35

I am trying to use the CR95HF to read mifare classic tags. I am trying to send the authentication with key a command. I have been monitoring the communications between the CR95HF and the card using a proxmark. 

I am certain I am sending the authentication command correctly as I can see the response Token RB. However the CR95HF is returning a timeout (ie it seems as if there is a short time out running and it is timing out before the response is received).

I notice on page 19 of the CR95HF datasheet it says ''Note that REQA, WUPA,Select20 and Select70commands use a fixed intervalof 86/90 μs between a requestand its reply. Other commandsuse a variable interval withfixed granularity.'' I'm wondering if I need to adjust the frame wait time? If so are there any recommendations for what I set the PP and MM bits to? Otherwise does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on June 26, 2015 at 15:51

Good day Jonathan Clapson,

It is need the IDN  of the CR95HF is :  NFCFS2JAST4.

And as CR95HF does not support direcly the authentification, it is need to use the option of the parity framing of the send receive command (see example in the DS page 28)

Parity Framing mode is compatible with MIFARE® Classic requirements. However, access to Authenticated state must be supported by an external secure host which embeds the MIFARE® Classic library.

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00025644.pdf

I hope this might help you,

Have a nice day,

ST NFC RFID Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on June 26, 2015 at 15:51

Good day Jonathan Clapson,

It is need the IDN  of the CR95HF is :  NFCFS2JAST4.

And as CR95HF does not support direcly the authentification, it is need to use the option of the parity framing of the send receive command (see example in the DS page 28)

Parity Framing mode is compatible with MIFARE® Classic requirements. However, access to Authenticated state must be supported by an external secure host which embeds the MIFARE® Classic library.

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00025644.pdf

I hope this might help you,

Have a nice day,

ST NFC RFID Support

Richard Lowe
Senior III
Posted on September 29, 2017 at 15:22

I'm also trying to read from MIFARE Classic tags. I'm new to NFC so a little unfamiliar.

I just want to read from the MIFARE Classic tags and get the famous 0x87 response when using the NFC library. Any clarity or direction you might offer on how to do this?