cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: flash download failed- target DLL has been cancelled

j.Dhananjay
Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 08:07

when I try to load code into my STM32F3 discovery board I'm facing the error message Flash download failed-target DLL has been cancelled....I read previous threads also of this same error, I have tried in the following way

1. Jumpered between BOOT0 and VDD

2. Restarted the board

3. In the Debug options selected ''under reset''  and ''auto reset'' options

then tried to erase the Flash and tried to load program into flash but again again same error I'm getting

please someone help me how can I solve this issue
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 13:38

Has it ever worked? What where you doing immediately before it stopped working? Do the ST-LINK Utilities work? Do you have multiple contexts of the same IDE open?

Make sure you have current and contemporaneous firmware, drivers and DLLs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
j.Dhananjay
Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 15:13

Hi Clive1,

Yes the board has worked before as i have worked on many peripherals on it. Also even now the the controller is executing the last dumped program perfectly. The only issue is that i am not able to reprogram the device again. Whenever i try to program the device the IDE scolds me with the ''No Target Connected'' as well as ''flash download failed- target DLL has been cancelled ''. I have tried with other board and everything seems to be working fine . Please let me know what can be the issue. Thanks

Posted on December 05, 2015 at 01:04

Well the primary candidates are, a) reprogramming or interfering with the GPIO pins used by the SWD connection, b) Low Power modes or WFI loops.

j.Dhananjay
Associate II
Posted on December 10, 2015 at 14:01

What are the solutions for these kind of problems?

Posted on December 10, 2015 at 17:28

What are the solutions for these kind of problems?

Looking at your code, and not doing those things. It's pretty hard to debug things when you commit those pins to other functions, and remove power from the silicon you're talking too. You could check also the DBGMCU chapter about how you can alter the core behaviour with the debugger.

j.Dhananjay
Associate II
Posted on December 24, 2015 at 11:52

I just cleaned my board with the IP then it started working 🙂