Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop ADC in Continuous Mode

sebkeinert
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 08:31

Hello there,

I'm looking for a possibility to quickly stop and restart the ADC from continuous run on a STM32F446.

I use the ADC1 and ADC2 in dual combined regular simultaneous  + injected simultaneous mode with DMA support to transfer the conversion data into SRAM. The two ADCs are configured with the CONT and SCAN bits set to convert a group of regular channels continuously. Periodically the regular group sequences are changed.

For that I first stop the DMA stream and the ADC peripheral after that as descriped in the reference manual.

To securely stop the ADC I have to reset the ADON bits and shutdown the ADCs completely. The drawback of this solution is that the ADC restart takes the tstab time and injected triggers are not possible when the ADC is off.

I did some investigations with resetting the CONT bit. But this does not lead to the wanted effect because the ADC will continue until the end of the regular sequence.

Is there any solution to quickly stop and restart the regular sequence run without switching the ADC off/on?

Kind regards,

Sebastian
0 REPLIES 0