Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2004 at 04:44

IAP-ICP

3 REPLIES 3
shermantec
Associate II
Posted on February 04, 2004 at 09:53

IAP ICP

1. For I.A.P do we need internal 12V connected to Vpp?

2. On reset state only - does a constant 12V on Vpp will damage the μ-controller?

3. Does the internal 12V routed toward the USB card will damage the USB - I.C.P card?

4. Is it possible to get a μ-controller with programmed boot loader - so we can program it in application - via the RS232 also with a brand new and un-programmed chip?

Thanks

Latino
shermantec
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2004 at 03:16

From what i understand from apllication notes AN1575 is that for IAP i don't need to put 12v in the Vpp (question 1 ) and i can make IAP if there is no firmeware in sector 0 (question 4) .

Pl's support me for other question .

thanks

Latino
jatin
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2004 at 04:44

Answers:

>>If you are using the device with XFlash, no need to add any circuitry, just needed your communication circuitry (RS232)

>>If you are using HDFlash(Dual Volatge), you need to add charge-pump circuitry (refer to Flash Programming Manual). You also need one IO pin to be dedicated to IAP functionality to activate charge pump.

2. It is never advisable to give 12V on VPP. It can definitely damage the micro.

3. This is not possible, because when you do ICP, you never activate signals for IAP and vice versa. When you expect this condition to occur? It is again advisable that you remove ICP connector before enter into user mode/IAP.

4. Boot loaders availabe only for ICC, but not for RS232