Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2003 at 06:53

Keil - Evaluation

2 REPLIES 2
shermantec
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:54

Hello

I want to give my friend the link to Keil compiler for evaluation and i need to know what we can do with this version , Compile , Debbug and Simulation with what level ? What is the different between the version and the full version ?

Thanks

Latino from Israel
sjo
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:54

Thsi is taken out of the Readme of Keil:

Limitations of Evaluation Software

The following limitations apply to the evaluation versions of the C51, C251, or C166 tool chains.

C51 Evaluation Software Limitations

The compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 2 Kbytes of object code but source code may be any size. Programs that generate more than 2 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

The startup code generated includes LJMP's and cannot be used in single-chip devices supporting less than 2 Kbytes of program space like the Philips 750/751/752.

The debugger supports files that are 2 Kbytes and smaller.

Programs begin at offset 0x0800 and cannot be programmed into single-chip devices.

No hardware support is available for multiple DPTR registers.

No support is available for user libraries or floating-point arithmetic.

The following components, which are present in the PK51 Full Version, are not included in the C51 Evaluation Software:

Code-Banking Linker/Locator.

Library Manager.

RTX-51 Tiny Real-Time Operating System.

C251 Evaluation Software Limitations

The compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 4 Kbytes of object code but source code may be any size. Programs that generate more than 4 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

The debugger supports files that are 4 Kbytes and smaller.

C166 Evaluation Software Limitations

The compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 4 Kbytes of object code but source code may be any size. Programs that generate more than 4 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

The debugger supports files that are 4 Kbytes and smaller.

Regards

SJO