Associate II
Posted on August 05, 2004 at 04:41

Driving LCD display on STR710-EVAL board

3 REPLIES 3
aaron239955_st
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2004 at 12:21

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have an STR710-EVAL board and I'm using RealView ICE to download and test my application. However, I can't seem to get the LCD display to work. The documentation says that the LCD is located in bank 2 of EMI at 0x64000000. I also see that the command register is 0x64000000 and 0x64000004, and these correspond to the standard HD44780 registers (for which there is a lot of information).

I've set up the EMI for bank 2 to enable it with 8-bit accesses and 15 wait states. I write initialization commands to 0x64000000 and then characters to 0x64000004 but I can never get anything to show up on the display. I am probing the data lines but I never see them change (I do see RS change based on the address I'm writing, but never E). It's almost as if my writes are going nowhere.

I tried disassembling parts of the str71xdemo_gp application because it writes to the LCD and seems to work just fine. It looks like I am doing almost the same things. I just can't see to get it to work myself.

Any ideas or sample code for the STR710-EVAL LCD?

Thanks,

chikin
aaron239955_st
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2004 at 14:02

Thanks. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I found out what I was doing wrong, by the way. You need to make sure that GPIO port 2.2 is set up for alternate function to allow the EMI to generate the CS for the LCD display. I forgot about the two uses of that pin (P2.2_notCS.2).

Merci bien pour l'aide ! Ca glisse maintenant

spectrum_hp2004
Associate II
Posted on August 05, 2004 at 04:41

Hi

I am trying to flash the code (str71xdemo_gp.axf) to ST Micro's evaluation board MB393B through ARM realView ICE ( JTAG Emulator).

Processor: STR710FZ2T6.

I want to use the embeded (internal) flash.

During the time of flashing I have maintained the following boot settings: ( RAM MApped at 0h)

BOOTEN:1

BOOT0:0

BOOT1:1

I could succesfully flash the code.

Swicthing off the supply, I changed my boot configuration settings to

USER mode ( Flash mapped at 0h) to run the program.

BOOTEN:0

BOOT0:0

BOOT1:0

But I am not finding anything on the LCD Display.

I am not in a position to findout whether the program is correctly booting from internal flash.

Can anybody help me in giving the correct procedure( step-by-step) of

flashing this code, all the necessry H/W settings to be maintained on the board.

Also tell me Is this, the only file ( str71xdemo_gp.axf)I have to use for flashing or any other associated files are required along with this. If so please mention the same.