mdonati9
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2009 at 12:56

IWDG and NVIC_SystemReset on Keil MCBSTM32

1 REPLY 1
mdonati9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:18

Hi all, I noticed a similar thread some time ago but the solution didn't work for me, sorry for the repetition.

I'm using the keil MCBSTM32 demoboard (F103RB micro) and I'm coding with the latest std_periph lib (V3.1.0 - 06/19/2009) with keil uVision 3 V3.85 and ULINK-Me.

The board is powered from both the usb cable and the ULINK (ULINK is not supposed to power the board, but I've seen that even if the main usb power cabe is diabled the board is powered with just the ULINK connected).

The indipendent watchdog doesn't seems to work properly if the debugger is running. All seems ok if the debugger and ulink are off or if debugger is on and I repeatedly press the debugger reset button.

From the board schematics, the NRST pin is connected to both the board reset button AND the jtag connector.

Also, in this unclear situation, the undocumented function NVIC_SystemReset (taken from some FLASH protection example) does not works (it seems to block on the while(1) infinite cycle waiting for reset after setting the NVIC_SYSRESETREQ bit.

Does this function relay on the IWDG to reset (the SYSRESETREQ is a watchdog input on the Cortex-M3 Technical Reference Manual par.6.3.1, after all) ?