Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Reset pin on stm32f05X

stenasc
Senior
Posted on April 08, 2016 at 10:34

Hi Group,

Is it possible to disable the Reset pin on this micro for a time interval so that any external reset pulse don't have any effect during this time?

Kind Regards

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 08, 2016 at 18:19

I don't believe so. One can drive the NRST line high, actively, and this tends to defeat it, but is not recommended.

If this relates to flashing/updating, it is recommended to use a small boot loader that manages the execution of application code, and provides a means of recovery/debricking, and there is no expectation for the loader to need replacing during the life of the product.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
stenasc
Senior
Posted on April 11, 2016 at 11:24

Hi Clive,

Thanks for that. We have a device connected to NRST which is used at times to reset the micro. This work fine. There are other tines when this device powers down, and the gpio connected to NRST on the micro is driven low. I don't want a micro reset to occur during this time.  I thought it may have gone tri-state in which case, if I drove NRST high, then it would prevent the micro from resetting. I now realise that this is probably impossible without creating some smoke.

Alternative would be if there was some way to disable the NRST input during these times. This would prevent a board respin. Out of ideas here.

Bob