cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX: Problems installing new libraries

Tob G
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 11:52

I am using STM32CubeMX Version 4.16.1 on a pc without(!!!) internet access.

I would like to install a new library via 'Menu'/'Help'/'Install New Libraries'/'From Local...'.

I have downloaded the firmware package for family STM32F4 (Software Version 1.14.0) ===> 'en.stm32cubef4.zip'

When i try to install this firmware package by pressing the 'From Local...'-button and by selecting the downloaded zip-file 'en.stm32cubef4.zip',

i receive the following error message 'This package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX'.

Anything i can do about this?

I tried to download the firmware package for family STM32F4 in an earlier version (for example 1.13.0) but i could not

find it on the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 12:07

Hi

mondaymorning

TheSTM32F4 version 1.0 is not supported by the MX4.1 ,it is supported since the MX version 4.18 and also on the last MX version 4.

So, I recommend you to install the last MX 4.

-Nesrine-

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 12:07

Hi

mondaymorning

TheSTM32F4 version 1.0 is not supported by the MX4.1 ,it is supported since the MX version 4.18 and also on the last MX version 4.

So, I recommend you to install the last MX 4.

-Nesrine-

Tob G
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 13:55

Hi Nesrine!

Thank you for that hint

Just downloaded the MX4.16.1 a few days ago. Didn't know there is already an updated version.

Ok, now i have installed MX 4.19 and the installation of the firmware package for family STM32F4 (Software Version 1.14.0 / en.stm32cubef4.zip) runs smoothly.

Best regards

Tobias

Alexandre BARRO
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 12:41

Thanks Clive,

As I am pretty new in the STM environement and as I understand we can not use this HAL directely in the Cube MX? If no, in cube mx, can we instead use the STM32L0 library, in fact the STM32L072CZY6TR? I will use the discovery as a NUCLEO without using the Lora Semtech chip...

Posted on September 05, 2017 at 11:06

Hello,

Today I run into the same problem. I download the latest Cube MX 4.22.00, install new library 'en.i-cube_lrwan.zip' and I got the same message 'This package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX'.

Anyone can help?Regards

Alex

Posted on September 05, 2017 at 12:20

It is a stand alone HAL package,  not some plug in to CubeMX.  Just unzip into its own directory. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 15:36

CubeMX is a code generator, the code is output using the HAL library as a foundation. The LRWAN stuff was written by a group of people using the HAL library, rather than using an automated tools. ST slaps 'Cube' on things as branding, a bit like Microsoft calling a whole range of dissimilar things .NET

You can build L0 based projects using CubeMX, merging that back into the LRWAN code base might prove quite challenging, but if you just want to blink LEDs and get comfortable with the NUCLEO board that should be fine.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..