Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimal circuit for stm32f103RC

Vincenzo Gibiino
Associate II
Posted on May 23, 2017 at 00:19

hello,

I am working with this MCU for the first time, i used AVR until today, I would like to start with a minimum circuit to do some experimenting. I m using this schematics but i don't have any idea if is good or not, any advice about the values of resistors and capacitors would be very appreciated, if them differ from this:

more or less i m making something very similar, small changes since compared to this: i wouldn't have the switch for the Vin and i wouldn't need the JTAG, a normal SWDIO would be enough.

My question are:

1) USB - so i need to pull-up the D+ and use resistor (which value?) and then do i need to use other components? or is it enough?

2) Vbat - from this schematic i would need a lot of caps, do you suggest a different (simplier) way to use it? or since i I am pretty sure that i would never need to use the external battery do you suggest me to just leave it free?

3) what is the PC13-tamper-RTC?

4) if i wire the AVcc and AVss as they were normal Vcc and Vss would i have have good analog readings? (i don't need wonderful perfection)

5) what are Vcap for? in the f103 there aren t

6) how should i use PD2? it is the only pin in GPIOD

Thanks to everyone who could answer one or more points

2 REPLIES 2
David Littell
Senior III
Posted on May 23, 2017 at 16:04

I'd highly recommend something like

https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STM32-P103/

to start your learning.
Posted on May 24, 2017 at 02:25

it s for a rb (i am with rc), could i use part of it anyway? especially about res/cap i could use exactly the same values, no? 

If i will follow step by step that schematic i will have a perfectly working board, but i would like to have something simplier. 

This is the reason for some of my questions that only people who made a few experimentation could answer, for example:

Did you noted a so bad behavior from the adc if wiring avcc and avss as if they were normal power pin? Or is it something i could live with?