cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to automate (using command line) programming of STM8S0003F3p6 using ST-Link swim protocol. I am developing this using LabVIEW , Nuvoton is quite easy they have commander tool to do . I tried searching same with STM8 but i am not able to find commande

PS.12
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Community member​, to the community!

Although the STM8 are very old, you can of course program them via Command Line with the ST Visual Programmer. For this purpose the program STVP_CmdLine.exe is used, which can access your ST-LINK/V2 directly.

Attention: please install in a directory with short length, without spaces in the directory names and write access for normal users, i.e. without admin rights.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Community member​, to the community!

Although the STM8 are very old, you can of course program them via Command Line with the ST Visual Programmer. For this purpose the program STVP_CmdLine.exe is used, which can access your ST-LINK/V2 directly.

Attention: please install in a directory with short length, without spaces in the directory names and write access for normal users, i.e. without admin rights.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MSchn.5
Associate

Don't bother with the visual programmer tool. It has several deficiencies like the path length Peter mentioned as well as not being able to select the programming adapter by serial number ... There is a beautiful open source project to flash stm8 chips called stm8flash https://github.com/vdudouyt/stm8flash another option is openocd, which should also be supported by windows.