cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first ever PCB design. Any comments? Tips or tricks?

bepo-san
Associate II

Hello stm community. I am designing my first ever PCB board and i need some comments of yours. Here is the screenshots of the pcb schematic and pcb itself. Do you see any mistakes etc? Also I am not sure about the VCAP connection. Is it correctly made?

Screenshot 2024-01-21 154527.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 154550.pngScreenshot 2024-01-21 154605.pngScreenshot 2024-01-21 154617.png

12 REPLIES 12

Actualy i am planning to fill the vias with solder so that it can conduct better. I have seen people doing this? Is this a bad practice?

It is not good practice. If this was a board to be assembled by a CM (contract manufacturer) it would have solder paste applied by a stencil. The stencil has a thickness depending on the components on your board. Not a lot of paste goes onto the pads with a stencil (with a TQFP footprint) so the solder will go down the hole(s) and not the pin you're trying to solder. You have plenty of space to avoid the vias in pads.

You are right. If this was to be assembled by the manufacturer this would not be suitable. Thank you.