cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8S005K6T6 needs working within 10ms

Emanuel_
Associate

Hello everyone!

I have a question and seek your help: I ​​use STM8S005K6T6 microcontroller and cc1101 RF transceiver module, and the operation at 433 MHz is affected. It generates power automatically and can only last for 10ms. The voltage remains at 3.3V for about 4ms, and the remaining 6ms remains above 1.8V, which is enough for the normal operation of the STM8S005K6T6 .

I have to make sure that the STM8S005K6T6 sends data over the cc1101 within a 10ms window. To keep things simple, on power-up, I just initialize the SPI, the button's GPIO, and the cc1101, and enable interrupts. To save time, the hardware is configured with a direct short circuit on the button to simulate continuous button presses. Then, the only process is an interrupt, directly calling a function to send a single packet with the cc1101, and that's it.

Even with this setup, when measured with an oscilloscope, it still takes over 120ms, which is clearly beyond the duration of spontaneous power generation.

Finally, is there a way for me to achieve 433MHz affected data transmission within 10ms of power on? Is the STM8S005K6T6 architecture available , or do I need to replace both the STM8S005K6T6 and the CC1101? I've looked for a bootloader on the STM8S005K6T6 that causes the microcontroller to immediately go into interrupts and send data via CC1101 on power up, but I haven't found one yet. If so, can you provide relevant technical links?

1 REPLY 1

Simple test on STM8S105C6 shows effective startup time about 1.5ms. In test i've powered chip directly from lab.generator by "step function" to about 3.0V. On blue scope trace in attachment you can see chip VCC and yellow trace show test output (toggling output pin). Drops on VCC are due embed 50R series resistance in lab.generator (series termination). Thanks it you can nicely track current consumption.

But point is, that you should have about 8.5ms time of MCU running program. Probably you should revwev your source code to find what slows you down.