cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a newby on this forum but already I have noticed that folk who have STtoolset install issues are ignored. Is this the way it is?

IMoor.1
Associate

My issue is I had to do a re-install of W10 and now Toolset43 fails on the last hurdle with "Cannot change C:\DumpStack.log.tmp to non read-only" Have tried giving permissions, running as Admin, deleting the file (assuming it would be re-created) but all to no avail. It installed flawlessly 12 months ago but simply refuses to complete now. The error message suggests I check the installation drive (C:\). Suggestions would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IMoor.1
Associate

Well, I have fixed the problem. Turns out the ToolSet42 has to be installed in C:\...Program Files(x86). I just needed to move the appropriate folders to C:\ after the install so the SW configurator works as intended. Thanks for reading the post at least. However, one of the 'experts' who monitor the posts should have known this straight up. Never mind.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IMoor.1
Associate

Well, I have fixed the problem. Turns out the ToolSet42 has to be installed in C:\...Program Files(x86). I just needed to move the appropriate folders to C:\ after the install so the SW configurator works as intended. Thanks for reading the post at least. However, one of the 'experts' who monitor the posts should have known this straight up. Never mind.

Thomas G
Associate II

Answering to your original question: support, these days, is something that is expensive for vendors since users are plenty and people capable of answering questions are still just a few. Forums like this one are there as an alternative to traditional customer service. This may work in some cases. It won't work, however, if the owner of a problem assumes that there is a community of people with the same kind of workflow as their own. Being specific helps.

Hint: in my workflow anything that can't be automated and made fully reproducible is a no-go. Products that rely on manual toolset installations will have a really short evaluation period.

Support is generally a function of what you're willing to pay for.

Figure it's similar to the cost the local Mercedes or BMW dealer/garage charges you for an hour of their mechanics time..

This and the STM8 seems to be a dead man walking, with little or no investment, and Microsoft keeps moving the goal posts, assume Win 10 & 11 induced issues are deep into don't-care territory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..