cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have tried everything I could find to get around the following error . I am using a ST-LinkV2 An error occurred while uploading the sketch Determine FLASH area Due to its file extension (or lack thereof), "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino

Geert
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4

Please edit top post so you don't attempt to dump the entire question into the title/summary, and then put the whole path and whole error message in the body of the question. Thanks.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I tried to paste the whole error message, I get an error that the post is too long, so I had to delete most of it. Is there any other way I can send the whole error message.

Geert
Associate II

Arduino: 1.8.18 (Windows 10), Board: "STM8S103F3 Breakout Board"

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sduino\tools\sdcc\build.11242/bin/sdcc sketch\ST8Blink.ino.cpp preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp re12 -c -Ddouble=float -DUSE_STDINT -D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ -E -MC -mstm8 -DSTM8S103 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10818 -DARDUINO_STM8S_BLUE -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM8 -IC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sduino\hardware\stm8\0.5.0\cores\sduino -IC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sduino\hardware\stm8\0.5.0\variants\standard -IC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sduino\hardware\stm8\0.5.0/STM8S_StdPeriph_Driver/inc -IC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sduino\tools\sdcc\build.11242/include

Determine FLASH area

Due to its file extension (or lack thereof), "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_815748/ST8Blink.ino.hex" is considered as INTEL HEX format!

1821 bytes at 0x8000... Tries exceeded

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Not much Arduino support here, or much STM8 for that matter

A quick Google yielded:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AqB8JuSQK/stm8s103f3-getting-tries-exceeded-with-stlink-ubuntu

https://github.com/tenbaht/sduino/issues/74

Implication is that the ST-LINK is not usable/connected to the target MCU properly. Suggest checking with other ST / STM8 tools to confirm basic viability.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..