STM8 MCUs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! What MC is this? And how to transfer code to another chip?

The image below, is of a SNES Classic (Super Nintendo Classic) controller's PCB. I can't seem to find out exactly what MC its using, all it really says is STM8mhz. On LCSC and digikey, they don't even have any 8mhz STM8 MCs, only 16 and 24mhz. This i...

0690X000006D3sSQAS.jpg
AOlth by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Propper use of RSF bit.

According to the datasheet the RTC_ISR1_RSF bit is by hardware when the shadow regs are updated. Is it safe to assume that the shadow regs will not be updated when the RSF bit is already set?

mschn.17 by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPI Communication with external device on STM8AF Discovery Board

Hello, I am using a STM8AF discovery board for prototyping and coding development. I would like to use it to establish SPI communication with an external ADC, the ADS1118 from TI. On the datasheet for STM8AF, "The microcontrollers of the STM8AF and S...

MZhan.4 by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

STM8L051F3 How should external interrupts be cleared?

Hello,There is confusion regarding the EXTI_SRx bytes.After a power on reset if a gpio (D0) is configured as input with interrupt and interrupts are enabled,What is the state of the EXTI_SR1 and EXTI_SR2 bytes when the interrupt handler runs?Do both ...

mschn.17 by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPI reading issues

i have configured the spi in stm8l controller.I have attached the code below:void SetupSPI(){ PB_DDR |= BIT(6) | BIT(5) ; // mosi and sck as output. PB_DDR &= ~BIT(7); // miso as input. PB_CR1 |= BIT(7); PB_CR1 |= BIT(6)| BIT(5) ; // mosi and **** a...

Amal Babu by Associate III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

stvp Batch programming

After stvp loads the stm8s programming code and option byte, the created project file is copied to another computer in the workshop. After the directory file is changed, the .stp file cannot be opened. The reason is that the stvp adds the burning cod...

gjunh by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Option Byte Programming - Critical

Hi,I am trying to program the option byte in STM8S003 controller. I am able to do the same using STVP tool. It is not a practical method on production, so want to add the option byte config in the source code. for that I added the below code snippet....