cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Device can I use for debugging STM32F105VCT6

WPong.1
Associate II

Hi All,

I am new for STM32F105VCT6. When I want to debug by using STM32CubeProgrammer, I can not see devices list for STM32F105 as picture.

Screenshot 2024-09-28 102907.png

My question is can I select STM32F107 for debug STM32F105. If it can not, What should I use for dubugging STM32F105?

Thank you for your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The core registers will be the same for those chips. Peripheral registers will vary a bit. None of them are going to be a perfect match for the STM32F105, but they will be close and possibly workable depending on what information you're trying to extract.

Debugging is typically done in the IDE. STM32CubeProgrammer is going to be very limited as to what it can provide.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

The core registers will be the same for those chips. Peripheral registers will vary a bit. None of them are going to be a perfect match for the STM32F105, but they will be close and possibly workable depending on what information you're trying to extract.

Debugging is typically done in the IDE. STM32CubeProgrammer is going to be very limited as to what it can provide.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".