cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubeprogrammer no st-link detected amd win7

1991red1991
Associate III

The ST-LINK / V2 programmer is not detected on my PCs.

Before that, when I had a win7 x64 PC with a core i5 processor - STM32CubeProgrammer worked. I currently have a Ryzen 3600 win7 x64. I have installed the latest STM32CubeProgrammer 2.9.0 and am getting "no st-link detected" error. Moreover, through the STM32 ST-LINK Utility, the programmer is detected and works. Everything works through STM32CubeIDE too. I tried all possible driver versions, still no st-link detected. I tried different versions of STM32CubeProgrammer both x64 and x86, still no st-link detected. I tried various USB ports, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, tried different ST-LINK / V2 programmers (I have several of them), I even tried on another PC with the same configuration (Ryzen 3600 win7 x64), I still get an error no st-link detected.

Why is that? What else do I need to do to make STM32CubeProgrammer work on my PC?0693W00000HowfAQAR.png0693W00000Howf5QAB.png0693W00000Howf0QAB.png0693W00000HowevQAB.png

10 REPLIES 10

Don't know, have ST-LINK/V2 running on Win7 x64 AMD boxes here..

Is this an authentic ST-LINK/V2 ?

Tried a different cable?

Any settings,policies, or AV blocking attachment of USB MSC devices?

Do older ST-Link Utilities work? Perhaps Java/JRE issues?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
1991red1991
Associate III

Yes, I am using original ST-LINK / V2 programmers.

Yes, I've tried several other USB cables. I tried to connect this programmer with a cable to another PC (win 10) and there stm32cubeprogrammer saw this programmer and worked fine.

As I wrote, this programmer came out works great with ST-LINK Utility and STM32CubeIDE. Only stm32cubeprogrammer does not work.

Piranha
Chief II

ST's tools don't support nonASCII characters in file/folder paths. Check for that. Probably a windows user name...

If the Command Line version works, then the GUI one probably has an issue with the JRE on the system

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

stm32cubeprogrammer is located along the path ""C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32CubeProgrammer.exe"". And my username was “red�?, there were Russian characters in the computer name, I renamed it, but still “no st-link detected�?.

Other applications using java are working. How can I check that the case is in java? Now I installed STM32CubeProgrammer on my win10 laptop and amd processor and it worked the first time. And on this laptop there is no java at all.

Just in case... When a user is renamed, Windows doesn't rename the user's home folder under C:\Users. That folder can only be renamed manually simultaneously with a modification of the respective registry entry.

> And on this laptop there is no java at all.

Later versions of Cube tools are bundled with their own JRE.

Maybe try cleaning non-present devices with "Device Cleanup Tool" from this site:

https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

The name of my home folder is "LAB2-Ruslan".

I don’t understand which devices I need to clean up?

Moreover, if in STM32CubeProgrammer I go to "Firmware upgrade", the programmer is detected and updated, but the programmer is not displayed in the "Serial number" list ...

0693W00000HpECzQAN.png

First try to remove ST-LINK related devices. Take a note that the tool does not remove any drivers from the system - it just removes the OS "memory" for currently non-present devices. Windows will re-add the necessary devices again on first use anyway. Therefore even, if you will remove all of them, nothing bad will happen. The idea why I'm suggesting this is that CubeProg could be trying to connect some older device and failing. It's a wild guess, but still...

> Now I installed STM32CubeProgrammer on my win10 laptop and amd processor and it worked the first time.

What about Windows version itself? I mean maybe some of them are ENG and some RUS localized versions? If possible, try changing an interface language for a testing purposes. And, if used, antivirus and security related software could also be the cause of trouble - try at least disabling those or better uninstalling.