cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube IDE Error: Download verification failed (data mismatch)

MRemm.1
Associate

I've been using a STM32U585 Discovery kit for a few days and have succesfully run several programs on it. However today I suddenly got this error in STM32CubeIDE when trying to run a new program:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x0800899C (byte = 0x31 instead of 0x33)

Error: Download verification failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to upload different programs gave the same result, but with the mismatch at different addresses.

Using STM32CubeProgrammer I can erase the flash completely and then normally upload and run code with CubeIDE once, but after uploading a different program again I will get the same error.

I've upgraded the ST Link firmware, no change.

I would appreciate any help in finding the problem as I don't want to use CubeProgrammer to fully erase flash every time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MRemm.1
Associate

It seems an option byte was somehow switched.

0693W00000JPG3qQAH.pngI tried different combinations of SWAP_BANK and DBANK and this is what works for me now.

Hopefully this will help someone with the same problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MRemm.1
Associate

It seems an option byte was somehow switched.

0693W00000JPG3qQAH.pngI tried different combinations of SWAP_BANK and DBANK and this is what works for me now.

Hopefully this will help someone with the same problem.