cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 cube programmer

PESHWA
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect device with stm32  cube programmer vai UART connection I am not able to connect initial but as some resource form st community and other online article I able to connect but it not able get into application is there any thing  I am  missing out or is there any thing i need to take care

NOTE:: MCU-> stm32u575  

UART 4

baud rate 115200

making  nswboot0  and nboot0 uncheck in option bytes(stm32 cube programmer)

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @PESHWA ,

Have you upgraded the ST-link firmware? 

Make sure that the pins used are supported by the bootloader (as per in the AN2606 in STM32U575xx/85xx devices bootloader section).

How can I connect to my STM32 evaluation board usi... - STMicroelectronics Community

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PESHWA
Associate II

Hi 

yes i  am using same pins with different UART  can you elaborate more things specifically  

NOTE : UART configuration is connected and its read and write but bootloader dont jump into application 

while it works for USB and st link  

PFA image let me know what should I do for these things image.png

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @PESHWA , 

Why are you using UART 4? Make sure to use the right pins and correct interface settings as mentioned in the "Bootloader configuration" section. Check also that you have the correct address in memory.

ImenD_0-1709631779135.png

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PESHWA
Associate II

Yes I went through  this table I am  using UART 4  because it has same pin at USART 3 

tell me one thing how can this effect bootloader as I can connect and before downloading the application file 

TDK
Guru

In what way are you using UART4? If it has the same pins as USART3, how do you know what is being used by the chip?

What chip and board is this? What pins are you connecting to and how is this being done in terms of hardware?

Are you entering the bootloader by holding BOOT0 high during reset, or by programming the appropriate option bytes? Method for entering the bootloader are given in AN2606.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Christian N
ST Employee

Hello Peshwa, 

Thank you for contacting STMicroelectronics.

Your post was escalated to ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.

Kind Regards,

Christian
ST Support