cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link V2 Connection error.

KimJeBu
Associate II

How do I solve this error? "Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication"

I use SWD. I made the cable for SWD communication. The cable is connecting ST-LINK V2 between board. 

Yesterday, well, was connected to STM32CubeProgrammer.

But today it wasn't connected suddenly.....

I did everything I could by exploring the STM32 community.

Changed ST-LINK V2, the cable, reset mode, etc......

I saw massage what "ST-LINK error (DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR)" in hardware rest mode.

But I don't solve this error.

Please help me....

24 REPLIES 24
CSand
Associate III

It seems I have the same problem

Although I agree ST should protect their product I would expect it would prepare the customers for this decission. I used to buy STF103 MCU and ST Link V2 ( "fakes" ?? ) from fastest supplier not really looking if original or not...

I have an original ST Link V2 from ST on the back is [B 2022 48 ] just purchased 2 days ago from Digi Key ( your trusted supplier/distributor ).

I have several bluepills STM32F103C8T6 that in the STM32Programmer are visible, can connect and read memory. Amyway, when I connect to STM32CubeIDE I get the error "Cound not verify ST device !" or "No STM32 target found!".

Can anyone suggest an issue?? 

The ST Link V2 FW after update is ... V2J43S7

CSand_0-1704976573091.png

It can read memory in STM32Programmer

CSand_1-1704976610298.png

In STM32CubeIDE it does not connects ...

CSand_2-1704976690515.png

 A photo with hardware - all seem original.

20240111_143846.jpg

20240111_144454.jpg

@CSand You are trying to access a Blue Pill with STM32CubeIDE via what appears to be a genuine ST-LINK/V2. Why would STM32CubeIDE program a fake MCU that it doesn't know?

And in case it's not clear to you, although it has been discussed here many times: there has been no Blue Pill with original STMF103 for years.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Look on your bluepills : whats exactly written on the chip ? + logo ?  

I have some CKS F103 , also GD32F103 - these are good cpus, but NOT by STM !

So IDE now checking: is it by STM ? if not - refuse to work.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

What is written as logo or marking is of little relevance because the average user can hardly see the subtleties. In the best case scenario, it would be important to check that the chip is an original, which has also already been discussed here.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
CSand
Associate III

Peter, we are not super IT or MCU experts or use all features of the MCU's or any high level of technologies.

We also not staying on forums to figure out complex technical issues generated by above mentions. We only need a product that is $10- $30 to help us solve basic problems and not be an Arduino ...

So, would you suggest we should move away from this bluepill that seems it is no longer supported by ST.

What are the options as a development board from ST ? 

The actual issue at this moment is that were taken completly unprepared and weeks are going without being able to get a solution to this problem. We find ourselves - like many many others probably - in the middle of some decission that affects some of existing customers.

Blue Pill is a board from an Asian manufacturer, but was never (officially) supported by STMicroelectronics.

Instead of the undoubtedly very inexpensive Blu Pill (now you know why it is so inexpensive), I recommend the universally applicable NUCLEO boards, which are available with many different MCUs and in three sizes: NUCLEO-32, NUCLEO-64, NUCLEO-144. You'll find some overview e.g. in the user manuals or in:

• DB2638 (STM32 Nucleo-32 boards)
  • DB2196 (STM32 Nucleo-64 boards)
  • DB3171 (STM32 Nucleo-144 boards)

Most NUCLEO-64 even have a detachable ST-LINK/V2 that can be used to program or debug other target platforms.

Good luck!
/Peter

Hi,  see nucleo boards at mouser - and price range :

https://www.mouser.de/c/embedded-solutions/engineering-tools/embedded-processor-development-kits/development-boards-kits-arm/?q=STM32%20Nucleo&sort=pricing

ie if you take a NUCLEO-F103RB , you get even same cpu as on bluepill , + st-link to program, at about $ 11 . 

+ can use your old programs without great changes. 🙂

OR if you prefer similar size as bluepill, take a NUCLEO-F303K8 , about same price.

AScha3_0-1704991006701.png

+ a more powerfull MF4 cpu , stm32F303 ...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
CSand
Associate III

Can I ask is it the blackpill the same story? 

I dont think so, but ...who knows...

My blackpill boards ( F411 + F401 ) have genuine STM chips and never had a problem to connect with IDE .

"Story" here might be: using a cheap st-link "stick" to connect, with "wrong" cpu inside, will not connect.

Hi,

We have now on hands some Nucleo-F303 and Nucleo-G431 ...

These boards are exactly what we are trying to avoid. These boards are some kind of Aduino nonsens ... These boards do not have availability of pins like old school bluepill or blackpill. It is supposed that now we have to develop also our own board - nonsens...

One can't imagine how much resource we waste in the last months just to keep workiong with ST ... is it worth it??

But I'm still troubled ... why not just make a simple dev board like bluepill (even genuine ST) ????

I've asked that we start investigating going away from ST ...