Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadspi image/font data stored wrongly

N Sornakumar
Associate III

Board Name : stm32f7 series

QUADSPI : N25Q128A

I am stored imaged data in nor flash, data stored correctly in memory. After i am reset the controller or power on the controller, data will be reset

Example :

data : 0xD3005600

Data stored first time programming : D3005600

after reset the controller

Read the stored data : D3885688

Why 0 data replaced as 8 in qspi memory ?

data stored programming time :

0693W00000FCADOQA5.png 

after rest the controller, read the qspi data :

0693W00000FCAEvQAP.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank you @CPINA​ , actually i am configured wrongly D2 pin in msp init, after configure correctly it works fine. :D

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CPINA
Associate III

Hello,

In fact it does not a 0 converted to 8 only, If I look at your memory content before reset and after, I can see the bit 3 is always stuck at "1" when you are reading back the data. All the others DQ2,DQ1,DQ0 are well read.

Which are your frequency ?

I suppose that at the end the data is read in memory map (just after the programmation), and after the reset as well.

I presume after reset that you bypass some quadspi configuration since you are not doing the write into the quadspi memory. Are you sure in such case when preparing to read the memory that the configuration of the quadspi is aligned with the one you got when reading after programming ? Perhaps you can look your OCTOSPI configuration registers before the reset, and compare with the ones after the reset when you are reading the memory. Perhaps some configurations are missing when you bypass the programming (configuration needed as well when reading back the memory).

Cheers,

Christophe

@CPINA​ thank you for your reply,

same configuration i am done stm32f7 discovery board, store the data in qspi, after reset i am get the same data

in my custom board problem is,

when programming,

0 -> stored as 0

1 -> stored as 1

2 -> stored as 2

3 -> stored as 3

4 -> stored as 4

5 -> stored as 5

6 -> stored as 6

7 -> stored as 7

8 -> stored as 8

9 -> stored as 9

A -> stored as A

B -> stored as B

C -> stored as C

D -> stored as D

E -> stored as E

F -> stored as F

After reset,

0 -> stored as 8

1 -> stored as 9

2 -> stored as A

3 -> stored as B

4 -> stored as C

5 -> stored as D

6 -> stored as E

7 -> stored as F

8 -> stored as 8

9 -> stored as 9

A -> stored as A

B -> stored as B

C -> stored as C

D -> stored as D

E -> stored as E

F -> stored as F

yes bit Q3 is stucked at one when you read back the data after reset. Did you try to put a scope to see how the data behaves on the output DQ3 when reading the external memory respect to the quadspi clk ? Is it possible to do it on the DK as well ? It looks like timing issue. Are you in SDR or DDR mode ? Which is the clock frequency of your quadspi ?

thank you @CPINA​ , actually i am configured wrongly D2 pin in msp init, after configure correctly it works fine. :D

Hello

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

Thank you and best regards,

Christophe

@CPINA​  okay okay chill😅