cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use STM32CubeProgrammer over CAN Bus?

MKemp.1
Associate

Hi, are there any information's or app-notes available how to use this programmer over CAN bus. I cant find any information which hardware is supported or how make the can hardware on my laptop visible to the programmer.

Thanks for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To the best on my knowledge the CAN support in STM32CubeProgrammer is via the STLINK/V3SET boards. The API also has examples.

For the CAN protocol implementation use the following app note, and code a solution for your PC side CAN implementation/drivers

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/cd00264321-can-protocol-used-in-the-stm32-bootloader-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The support costs for third-party CAN implementations is likely too high, and if you have specific hardware/software you're familiar with, implementing the protocol should be straight-forward enough.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

To the best on my knowledge the CAN support in STM32CubeProgrammer is via the STLINK/V3SET boards. The API also has examples.

For the CAN protocol implementation use the following app note, and code a solution for your PC side CAN implementation/drivers

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/cd00264321-can-protocol-used-in-the-stm32-bootloader-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The support costs for third-party CAN implementations is likely too high, and if you have specific hardware/software you're familiar with, implementing the protocol should be straight-forward enough.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MKemp.1
Associate

Thanks, I ordered a STLINK/V3SET .

Maybe I'll write my own Software as well. Thanks !

mskumar_mtech
Associate II

Hello

If you are developing custom bootloader and planning to use STLINK-V3SET., please email me as I have developed custom Bootloader and not able to connect with STLINK-V3SET. Kindly email me if you are available.

sivakumar.mariappan@electro-flight.com.

Thanks

Siva