cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate SFI encryption key file with STM32TrustedPackageCreator_CLI tool?

LukeLiu
Associate

Hi,

I'm developing a GUI invoking STM32TrustedPackageCreator_CLI tool to generate SFI encryption key file and nonce file, but I have no idea on the command syntax, does any one can help me? thanks

Luke

3 REPLIES 3
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @LukeLiu,

For now, encryption key and nonce file generation is only available inside STM32TrustedPackageCreator GUI.

Personally, I don't see the interest in adding it to CLI since customers usually generate those files only once. So could you please explain your end customer use case to give more context ? I can request the feature if it's worth having from a customer point of view.

In the meantime, a solution you can use is an RNG generating files of the same size (Without using STM32TrustedPackageCreator CLI).

Hope this helps,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LukeLiu
Associate

Hello @Aziz BRIGUI ,

Appreciate your answer and advice. originally, we have a strategy whin our department that if the bootloader or HSM card is changing, a new SFI encrption file and nonce file genaration are required. every single HSM card has a limitation of license, so we need to change new files frequently. that's why I'm asking the question here.  

I'll try RNG generating file to see if it works for us.

thanks 

Luke

BR

Hello @LukeLiu,

Thank you for sharing the details, request transferred to CubeProgrammer development team (Internal tracking number: 187096).

Aziz 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.