cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will CMSIS RTOS API v2 be supported by freeRTOS STM32CubeMX code generation?

BSchm.16
Associate

Hello STM32CubeMX developers,

I am using STM32CubeMX to rapidly setup applications for STM32, including the generated HAL and RTOS initialisation code (I am using STM32CubeMX v5.0.1 with its freeRTOS v10.0.1 as a third-party middleware).

I greatly appreciate the options STM32CubeMX offers me to configure the basic-to-mid-level parameters ~MX allows me to define in a project-specific way, especially the selection of RTOS features required and the static allocation policy relevant for many embedded SW areas.

The generated code for freeRTOS also implements the CMSIS RTOS API in its version 1, allowing me at the same time to port existing CMSIS projects to the "low-level code" generated by STM32CubeMX.

Sadly, this only holds for version 1 but not for CMSIS RTOS v2, which has been released in 11/2016 and integrated to freeRTOS firstly in 03/2017.

Are there plans to support CMSIS RTOS v2 on top of freeRTOS in the near future?

I'd like to build an application on top of CMSIS 5.x (RTOS v2) using static memory allocation. The generator features of STM32CubeMX greatly facilitate making static memory configurations for freeRTOS.

If/when STM32CubeMX supports CMSIS RTOS v2, will it continue supporting static memory management?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Benedikt

Edit:

An existing CMSIS-RTOS2 wrapper layer for freeRTOS v10.0.1 is found here. However, this wrapper implementation lacks support for static memory management, as it is provided by STM32CubeMX.

0 REPLIES 0