cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STM32CubeMX buttons flip horizontal and flip vertical inactive for LQFP package? Active for BGA package.

DPrid.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DPrid.1​ ,

First le me welcome you to the STM32 Community and thank you for your feedback 😊

Actually, the Flip horizontal/flip vertical buttons are available only for BGA packages. They allow to flip horizontally or vertically between bottom and top views. The bottom view corresponds to the bottom side of the BGA package (ball side up), and the top view to the other side (ball side down). 

With that being said, I'll bring this point up internally to add a tooltip message and also to update the documentation to explain the Flip buttons behavior and constraint.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @DPrid.1​ ,

First le me welcome you to the STM32 Community and thank you for your feedback 😊

Actually, the Flip horizontal/flip vertical buttons are available only for BGA packages. They allow to flip horizontally or vertically between bottom and top views. The bottom view corresponds to the bottom side of the BGA package (ball side up), and the top view to the other side (ball side down). 

With that being said, I'll bring this point up internally to add a tooltip message and also to update the documentation to explain the Flip buttons behavior and constraint.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

TDK
Guru

Presumably to avoid confusion. All the pins are exposed on a top-down view, which is how the chip is normally viewed, so why would you need to flip it over?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

This can be useful when the LQFP chip is located on the lower layer, and the upper layer is active. For BGA chips, footprint flip is available.