cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Synchronous Trace option for STM32G474RE in CubeMX?

Anguel
Senior

Hi,

I am trying to set Debug under Sys to "Synch Trace" in latest CubeMX but there is no such option for my STM32G474RE:

0693W000007DtxqQAC.jpg 

On other screenshots on the internet I see those options:

0693W000007DtyjQAC.jpg 

Any idea why?

Is Synch Trace not available on the 64 pin package???

Thanks,

Anguel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anguel​ ,

thanks for your feedback. If I well understand you question, you're wondering why the JTAG and Synchronous Trace (1/2/4 bits) debug modes are not available for the STM32G474RE in CubeMX.

In fact those modes are not available for the LQFP64 package.

Selecting JTAG and Synchronous Trace (1 bit) for example will automatically activate PE2 and PE3 (TRACECK, TRACED0):

0693W000007Dv9EQAS.jpg 

If you go back the STM32G474 Data Sheet, the TRACECK, TRACED0,TRACED1, TRACED2 and TRACED3 alternate functions could be only assigned to respectively PE2, PE3, PE4, PE5, PE6 and could not be remapped to any other pins :

0693W000007Dv0lQAC.png 

I hope this answers question. If this is the case, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Do not hesitate to raise any feedback or issue.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Anguel​ ,

thanks for your feedback. If I well understand you question, you're wondering why the JTAG and Synchronous Trace (1/2/4 bits) debug modes are not available for the STM32G474RE in CubeMX.

In fact those modes are not available for the LQFP64 package.

Selecting JTAG and Synchronous Trace (1 bit) for example will automatically activate PE2 and PE3 (TRACECK, TRACED0):

0693W000007Dv9EQAS.jpg 

If you go back the STM32G474 Data Sheet, the TRACECK, TRACED0,TRACED1, TRACED2 and TRACED3 alternate functions could be only assigned to respectively PE2, PE3, PE4, PE5, PE6 and could not be remapped to any other pins :

0693W000007Dv0lQAC.png 

I hope this answers question. If this is the case, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Do not hesitate to raise any feedback or issue.

Khouloud.

Anguel
Senior

Yes, thank you very much!