cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does CubeMX configure B1_Pin?

Dabbo
Associate III

Beginner's question here. I have Nucleo-L476RG board and trying to learn more about the code CubeMX generates. To this end I started a new project and answered 'no' to setting up the peripherals, to make it as simple as possible.

As part of MX_GPIO_Init() the B1_Pin is configured. I can't find any reason for this. The pin does not get a mention in the pinout view or the system view, and I can't find any reference to it in the generated code following its configuration.

Here is the relevant code:

__HAL_RCC_GPIOB_CLK_ENABLE();

followed by:

/*Configure GPIO pin : B1_Pin */

GPIO_InitStruct.Pin = B1_Pin;

GPIO_InitStruct.Mode = GPIO_MODE_IT_FALLING;

GPIO_InitStruct.Pull = GPIO_NOPULL;

HAL_GPIO_Init(B1_GPIO_Port, &GPIO_InitStruct);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Clicking "no" to set up peripherals will leave your chip configured in the following state, with B1 and LD2 defined:

TDK_0-1701785271218.png

If you want absolutely nothing configured, start with the chip itself instead of the board or un-define those pins.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LCE
Principal

Maybe that's the "button 1" pin which is not connected anywhere else, and starting with a Nucleo board so CubeMX knows that.

Search the source files to find the defines for B1_Pin and B1_GPIO_Port, the compare to the schematics.

TDK
Guru

Clicking "no" to set up peripherals will leave your chip configured in the following state, with B1 and LD2 defined:

TDK_0-1701785271218.png

If you want absolutely nothing configured, start with the chip itself instead of the board or un-define those pins.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Dabbo
Associate III

Ok my stupidity. I confused B1 (the blue user button) with PB1. Now it’s clear. Thanks