cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of ProjectManager.TemplateDestinationPath and ProjectManager.TemplateSourcePath

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello,

I had both the ProjectManager.TemplateDestinationPath and ProjectManager.TemplateSourcePath pointing to folder which did not exist.

So, I updated `ProjectManager.TemplateSourcePath` to

`ProjectManager.TemplateSourcePath=C\:\\STM32CubeMX\\db\\extra_templates` as the STM32CubeMX folder is present in C Drive in the ROOT C directory.

What is the use of `ProjectManager.TemplateDestinationPath`? I am not sure what should be the value passed to `ProjectManager.TemplateDestinationPath`. For now I have assigned the path where the IOC file containing these settings exist:

`ProjectManager.TemplateDestinationPath=E\:\\DEPT197\\GIT\\Gateway-H7-All-Codes\\Gateway-H7\\Gateway-H7-App`

Can I safely remove these two settings / variables, as others might have a different setup / folder for STM32CubeMX, templates, etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ 

Where did you faced this issue ?

The Default Template Settings Source Folder location should be " C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX\db\extra_templates" and the Default Template Settings Destination Folder should take your "Project Location".

Regards,

Khouloud

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ 

Where did you faced this issue ?

The Default Template Settings Source Folder location should be " C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX\db\extra_templates" and the Default Template Settings Destination Folder should take your "Project Location".

Regards,

Khouloud

Dear @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

Thanks for the update, I probably missed reading your inputs, and hence replying today.

I had been using the STM32CubeMX version 5 and later STM32CubeMX version 6 for creating the IOC files and later migrating them to newer version as and when the STM32CubeMX newer version gets available.

I've been observing some of my IOC files (when viewed using NOTEPAD++) have the two variables, whiles others do not have it.

Attached image contains the folder structure available on C:\

I had to create separate folder for Software and another folder for Packages, so that:

1. During STM32CubeMX update the repository folder does not get deleted.
  2. The software and dependencies are all placed in one main folder and provide ease of used from another user's login.

Thanks,

Rajeev