cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a MX25L3233F

jgauthier
Senior

I'm looking at using the MX25L3233F for flash storage.  This is a serial NOR device.  It appears to support QuadSPI, but it also appears to support regular SPI:

"MX25L3233F features a serial peripheral interface and software protocol allowing operation on a simple 3-wire
bus while it is in single I/O mode. The three bus signals are a clock input (SCLK), a serial data input (SI), and a
serial data output (SO). Serial access to the device is enabled by CS# input"

I'm planning on using this with an STM32G03 series, which does not support QuadSPI, but does support SPI.

Am I being too naïve to think I can use this as a regular SPI device and just use it for storage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raptorhal2
Lead

Its "single I/O mode" appears to be regular SPI. You can confirm this by reading the data sheet, which should have timing diagrams for all the modes supported. The device default is probably standard SPI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
raptorhal2
Lead

Its "single I/O mode" appears to be regular SPI. You can confirm this by reading the data sheet, which should have timing diagrams for all the modes supported. The device default is probably standard SPI.

The datasheet clock diagram seems to support SPI modes 0 and 3. So we'll give it a shot.