cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Tutorial videos in STM32CubeMX] Your ideas are welcome

Jeanne Joly
Senior III

Around 40 tutorial videos are accessible from STM32CubeMX in Help menu/Tutorial videos since STM32CubeMX 6.0.0 release.

All those videos intend to answer frequent STM32CubeMX users questions.

It deals with various subjects such as FreeRTOS, DMA, GPIO, Software packs, System view tips, Getting started with X-Cube BLE, pinout view tips…

Those videos will be available to China users in the next STM32CubeMX release (6.1.0).

If you think that some specific tips, features or complex subjects are not yet addressed with these tutorial videos, we will be glad to hear your valuable proposals.

Thanks to share your ideas with maximum of details.

67 REPLIES 67
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Thanks all for your ideas.

We will process those feedbacks to decide about new videos to be created in priority.

Please be informed that first tutorial videos are coming in STM32CubeIDE by end of the year !�?

Stay tuned for more news

RFree.1
Associate

Tutorial videos are a great idea. 3 ideas to make them better:

1) Change cursor color to yellow to improve contrast on a mostly white screen.

2) Make cursor 25% larger so that it is easier to see.

3) Replace music sound track with a sound track in English description of the what is being done on screen. The music doesn't help us at all; but a commentary would. Most engineers understand some English.

magene
Senior II

All the examples that come along with the STM Nucleo and Discovery boards that I've used are incredibly difficult to extend. For example, I can get the STM32H7B3 Discovery board FatFs example working on the STM32 Discovery board. But when I add the code from the UART_DMA example, things break and I've spent an incredible amount of time trying to figure out why, still without success. I'm guessing the issue has to do with clock set up and pin mapping.

I know this is a big ask but my suggestion is all the STM provided examples should include the .ioc file that was used to generate the example. That way, someone like me can start with the relevant example in Cube and build up a more complex project and resolve the clock and pin mapping issues. It would also provide a consistent project configuration, look and feel for all your examples.

T J
Lead

Actually go through an Azure process, CubeMX, Compile, run

then merge Fx_ Nx_and Tx_ projects together and compile and run...

This is supposed to be simple, but I cant get any of it to work, let alone merging the projects into a usable program.

Not applicable

Hi:

It would be very interesting to review the audio from this list of videos:

MOOC - STM32 USB training

STMicroelectronics

Learn how to use USB Device and USB Host within STM32 based application

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnMKNibPkDnFFRBVD206EfnnHhQZI4Hxa

Nikita91
Lead II

A video to build a NEW project on H7 with the new Ethernet HAL driver.

• Start from CubeMX
  • Show ALL the needed steps
  • Usually the code generated by CubeMX is not working: show all necessary changes
  • Provide the source code for the working project.
  • Keep this video up to date as MX, IDE and HAL evolve further. It's a lot of work but it's the only way to have a useful video for more than a few weeks.

Ethernet over H7 has a long history of bugs and unhappy people. It's time to end this.

I'm asking for a video because it's probably going to be hard to get an accurate application note. With a video it is difficult to cheat and hide an element.

Thank you.

+1 for the request for complete, start from scratch, step by step videos that show all the steps. I'm pretty sure the goal for ST investing in educational/training videos is to make it easy for new and potential developers to adoptt ST products. Having complete, step by step, comprehenisve videos or other training material for all or at least the most popular peripherals/technologies built into STM32 controllers is an obvious way to entrain new users. Comprehensive in my mind would mean the training covers all or at least most of the capability buit into the peripheral/technology. I'd vote for these basics as a start: UART/USART/LPUART, I2C, SPI, timers/lpTimers. And these more sophisticated ones: WiFi, Ethernet (with TCPIP, UDP, etc.) and low power modes.

Thank you

Matth1
Associate III

Bonjour Jeanne,

My answer will be that videos are not the best format for programming tutorials. I much prefer a written article with screencaps (and maybe a few short embedded video when it's really useful).

With a written article I can read at my own speed, easily skip or re-read parts, copy text, and so on.

I you really have to make a video, it would really help to provide a transcript.

M.R.

MSing.8
Associate III

Please have a reference project with STM32F2 (SMT32F207VC preferably) family and TouchGFX (DMA,FSMC).

Please enable TouchGFX for STM32F2

KevinA
Senior

"Time is your enemy" Things change, corrections, new functions, renaming, third party interfaces redefine their API (thethings.network) and three months after a video is created it no longer works. And that is not the only issues: CubeMX and CubeIDE are updated but nobody checks to see if past instructional videos are still functional. An example would be: LoRaWAN with STM32WL Getting Started Series 1~6 July 5, 2021 ~ Nov. 30, 2021. This series deals with several outside vendors, CubeMX, CubeIDE, X-Cube expansion packs, and two products from STMicroelectronics: P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2(3) and NUCLEO-WL55JC1(2). Only the Gateway is used from the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2, the 'NODE' NUCLEO-L-73RZ+WM-SG-SM-42_ShieldV1.0 that comes with the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 is non-functional and without documentation or firmware (should be replaced with NUCLEO-WL55JC1(2)).

I've been working my way through the LoRaWAN with STM32WL Getting Started Series keeping track of the issues or workarounds as in making note of the video TIME and what was done to work around the issues.

It would be a good thing to have every "Getting Started" like video have a section here in the community where we could post the current updates / fixes / workarounds, users helping users thing. Post a link with the videos back to the community section where updated information is, time spent hunting down workarounds is wasted time. 🙂