cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T = 1 Smartcard implementation with Cube MX

AdarshTR
Associate II

Hello ST electronics,

I wanted to know if there are any implementation of T= 1 protocol available with cube MX configurations.
Please do let me know.

Regards,
Adarsh T R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There are many STM32s with smartcard interface that have a USART that supports the T=1 mode, e.g. STM32F0, STM32F3, STM32F7, STM32L4. The respective Reference Manual lists the available modes under the chapter USART extended features, e.g. Supports the T=0 and T=1 asynchronous protocols for smartcards as defined in the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard.

With CubeMX you can then select the smartcard mode for the respective supported USART, which essentially selects the bi-directional working pin and configures the smartcard function. There are indeed usually examples for T=0, but you can find information on the use of T=1 in the firmware X-CUBE-SMCARD, for example, and there specifically in the AN4800.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AdarshTR
Associate II

Smartcard ISO 7816

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If I understand you correctly, you want to manage the ISO 7816 smart card protocol in CubeMX, correct?

Yes, this is possible if you have selected an STM32 that contains USARTs with this function. You only need to select one of the modes Smartcard or Smartcard with Card Clock for the USART in question.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Peter BENSCH,
I have gone through the examples given for smartcard iso7816
Smartcard_COMDMA
Smartcard_T0
Smartcard_T0_MFX
The above are for T = 0 implementation. I wanted to know if there are any examples for T = 1 implementation.

Regards,
Adarsh TR

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There are many STM32s with smartcard interface that have a USART that supports the T=1 mode, e.g. STM32F0, STM32F3, STM32F7, STM32L4. The respective Reference Manual lists the available modes under the chapter USART extended features, e.g. Supports the T=0 and T=1 asynchronous protocols for smartcards as defined in the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard.

With CubeMX you can then select the smartcard mode for the respective supported USART, which essentially selects the bi-directional working pin and configures the smartcard function. There are indeed usually examples for T=0, but you can find information on the use of T=1 in the firmware X-CUBE-SMCARD, for example, and there specifically in the AN4800.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter