cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32CubeMX] Why can I not select some options in the "Toolchain/IDE" dropdown menu?

Moe
Associate II

Hello together, 

I'm working with the CubeMX for the first time and unfortunately I haven't found a reason why in the category "Project Manager" the dropdown menu "Toolchain/IDE" some choices are grayed out and can't be selected. I would like to use the option "Other Toolchains (GPDSC)" (see attached picture)

I noticed that the option is not always grayed out and depends on which Evalboard I selected at the beginning.

E.g. the option is available for the Nucleo64 boards. But with the H7 DISCO boards the option is gray again.  

Does anyone know what it depends on when the option is available?

I would be glad about an answer. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Moe​,

As @Andrew Neil​ said, the older series still support the IDEs in question, but they are getting removed progressively with the newest series following the new versions of STM32CubeMX and will soon be totally dismissed within the upcoming versions.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Moe​,

The grayed toolchains are not longer supported by STM32CubeMX and can not longer be chosen to generate the code with since they are getting dismissed of the list.

Please check @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​'s answer, our STM32CubeMX expert in this thread.

I hope my answer has helped you. When your question is answered please close this topic by marking my answer as Best, it will help other find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

Hello Chaninez,

thank you for yout answer!

If the option is no longer available in CubeMX, why can I still select the option when I choose another Evalboard? Or is it because the most recent evalboards no longer support this option but only the older ones?

It would make sense that older boards could still have legacy support from back in the day when that toolchain was supported.

But that will not be maintained or updated - hence not recommended.

Similarly, newer boards (introduced since support for the toolchain ceased) will not have any support at all.

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Moe​,

As @Andrew Neil​ said, the older series still support the IDEs in question, but they are getting removed progressively with the newest series following the new versions of STM32CubeMX and will soon be totally dismissed within the upcoming versions.

Chahinez.