cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMx v5.1.0 USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING parameter can't have value edited

JCame.1
Associate III

I am aware I am using a slight outdated version and so apologise if this fix has already been implemented.

When selecting a Custom HID Class under the middleware tab there is no option to enable or disable the USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING parameter, and is then set to 1 by default after generating code. This resulted in a 2 day headache trying to debug why my device was hard faulting!

• During enumeration if this parameter is set to 1 Windows will ask for a special descriptor, if this descriptor has not been coded/provided then the device will throw a hard fault.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ 

Using the latest CubeMX version (6.1.0) the USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING is no more available in Parameter Settings because is still not supported.

The USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING will be available (enable/disable) only when DFU is selected.

Thanks for your feedback, Khouloud

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

Can you please share some details about the MCU used, or share your ioc file ?

Thanks, Khouloud

JCame.1
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

I have attached the ioc file, and I'm developing on the STM32F072RBT6 (using the discovery board).

James

Hi @Community member​ 

Using the latest CubeMX version (6.1.0) the USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING is no more available in Parameter Settings because is still not supported.

The USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING will be available (enable/disable) only when DFU is selected.

Thanks for your feedback, Khouloud