cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.10 breaks STM32L476RG SPI configuration

Peter Allnutt
Associate III

Standalone STM32CubeMX 6.9.2 allows the user to configure the 3 SPI interfaces, the embedded CubeMX in STM32CudeIDE at version 6.10.0 has them all greyed out and unavailable. The hint says to disable the corresponding I2S1/I2S2/I2S3 peripherals. These peripherals not available on the L476RG and thus can't be disabled.

For now I dare not upgrade my standalone version of CubeMX as I suspect this will break as well! Please can we have a fix?

Ta

7 REPLIES 7
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Peter Allnutt 

I've been able to configure the 3 SPI interfaces on the STM32L476RG MCU and the Nucleo board using this MCU. 

STTwo32_0-1708360754562.png

Could you share more details about your issue (with screenshots and description if possible).

PS: I2S/PCM Protocol is applicable using the SAI interfaces. 

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks both for your responses. As I said if I use STM32CubeMX 6.9.2 it works and I see what you show above. My STM32CubeIDE embedded CubeMX is version 6.10.0. Here is what I see after simply creating a new STM32 Project based on the Nucleo board within STM32CubeIDE 

l476_broken_spi_cubemx_6.10.0.png

I've expanded the SIA configuration so you can see nothing is enabled there.

Also if I create a project in CubeMX 6.9.2 and open the IOC file I get the option to migrate it to the new version, this breaks the configuration previously created.

PeterAllnutt_0-1708361610601.png

PeterAllnutt_1-1708361648890.png

Hope this helps

Hello @Peter Allnutt 

I can't reproduce this issue . Could you please share your .ioc file for more details.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter Allnutt
Associate III

I'd argue there is no .ioc file as this happens when I try to create a new project but I've attached one, perhaps it will help. This is an empty project with just the name set, it was created within STM32CubeIDE's embedded CubeMX

Regards

TDK
Guru

I'm unable to reproduce the issue with the IOC you attached in the external CubeMX 6.10, or on the CubeMX 6.10 embedded within STM32CubeIDE.

Also unable to reproduce it by creating a new project on the given chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Everything looks fine on my side. could you share the message that appears when you put the curser on an SPI interface like this:

STTwo32_0-1708411092525.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Peter Allnutt
Associate III

Well this is all rather embarrassing! Since my last message I've been to bed so the PC has been shutdown and guess what, yes you guessed it, everything seems just fine this morning ( well except the weather 😉

Thanks all for your persistence, forgot rule #1. If it doesn't work - reboot. Sorry.