cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeL4 v1.17.1 OSPI Delay Block Bypass Problem

ebray
Associate II

The latest versions of the STM32CubeL4 drivers (1.17.1) and CubeMX (6.5.0) introduce two bugs related to the OSPI and Delay Block Bypass.

1. In stm32l4xx_hal_ospi.c line 383, the MODIFY_REG macro no long clears the DLYBYP bit. It also fails to set it according to the CubeMX configuration. I don't understand why these were removed.
  2. The CubeMX setting is using inverse logic. The setting is labeled Delay Block Bypass. Thus, Enable should indicate the bypass is enabled (HAL_OSPI_DELAY_BLOCK_BYPASSED), whereas Disable should mean disabling the bypass (HAL_OSPI_DELAY_BLOCK_USED). However, CubeMX reverses these values.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @ebray​,

For the first point regarding the stm32l4xx_hal_ospi.c, I confirm the issue, an internal ticket is submitted, it will be corrected with the future release.

PS: Internal ticket 121187. This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers.

For the second point concerning the STM32CubeMX, I will let @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ check it.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @ebray​,

For the first point regarding the stm32l4xx_hal_ospi.c, I confirm the issue, an internal ticket is submitted, it will be corrected with the future release.

PS: Internal ticket 121187. This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers.

For the second point concerning the STM32CubeMX, I will let @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ check it.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @ebray​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Issue confirmed from my side and I reported it to the dev team to be fixed. I will keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 124989 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks @ChahinezC​ ​ for flagging this to us.

Sara.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @ebray​ ,

This issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Thanks for your contribution.

Sara.