cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CubeMX after upgrading - can't open ioc file

Dabbo
Associate III

I upgraded STM32CubeIDE to 1.14.0 and then when I went to open an ioc file I got this message:

This project was setup with STM32CubeMX V6.9.2 using STMCube FW_G0 V1.6.1.

There are two options to proceed:

-Migrate:Migrate your project using the current STM32CubeMX version (6.10.0)

-Continue: Continue to stay compatible with the old STM32CubeMX version 6.9.2

I chose the 'Migrate' option, which was probably a mistake. Now when I try to open the ioc file it just goes blank. Any advice please?

ADDED LATER: In the meantime, I tried opening a different project, but selected the 'Continue' option. Again I got a blank tab when I tried to open the  .ioc file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dabbo
Associate III

OK, I seem to have solved the problem by using X11 instead of Wayland.

I remembered that to get the previous version to work I had to change the .desktop file to use X11 instead of Wayland. I have now done the same thing for version 1.14.0 and the MX configuration program now works.

I can't say I understand it - but it's working.

Thank you responders!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Dabbo 

Can you add your .ioc file so I can test it. I've tested with a personal project and it works fine for me. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32, and thanks for replying so quickly. The file is attached

Dabbo
Associate III

I got a warning that the file contents did not match the file extension, so I'm going to try again but changing extension from .ioc to .txt

can you share your .ioc file and not the .txt file.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

This is the .ioc file with the file extension changed because the forum software would not accept it with the .ioc extension. I got a big red warning. Please just change the extension back from .txt to .ioc

Hello again

this works as supposed to be for me.

STTwo32_0-1701965575534.png

can you restart your PC and retry. It may solve your issue.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Oskar_H
Senior

What is the current version of your installed STM32G0 FW ?

Have you tried to force the tool version by hand in the ioc file ? I know this is not always recommended and could be risky, but this could be worth trying...

Restarting PC - same problem.

Purged the STM32CubeIDE package from system and re-installed - same problem.

I'm puzzled by the message that said  "This project was setup with STM32CubeMX V6.9.2 using STMCube FW_G0 V1.6.1" as this device is F411CEU6 not the G0 series. Is that a clue to the problem?

Hi Oscar. Thanks for replying.

Which line in the ioc file would need editing?

I'm puzzled by the message that said  "This project was setup with STM32CubeMX V6.9.2 using STMCube FW_G0 V1.6.1" as this device is F411CEU6 not the G0 series. Is that a clue to the problem?