cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Configuration Issue

dte1
Associate

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeIDE version 1.13.0 together with STM32CubeMX version 6.9.0-RC9 and the STM32F746IGT6 microcontroller.

I am trying to use TIM2 as a 4 channel Input capture unit, each channel with it's own independent DMA . For this i have the following DMA Streams available:

- DMA1 stream 5 - for TIM2_CH1

- DMA1 stream 6 - for TIM2_CH2/CH4

- DMA1 stream 1 - for TIM2_UP/CH3

- DMA1 stream 7 - for TIM2_UP/CH4

The problem i am having is that if I add the DMA1 stream 7 .... stream 6 & stream 1 can no longer be added due to conflicts. In the generated code i see that both events UP & CH4 get linked to this DMA stream so i am guessing that this is why the MX won't let me add the other 2. 

Now my question: 

- Even though the tool does not allow it since one trigger can be selected for one DMA tream (Channel selection) i think it should be possible to have the following configuration:

- DMA1 stream 5 - for TIM2 CC1 

- DMA1 stream 6 - for TIM2 CC2

- DMA1 stream 1 - for TIM2 CC3

- DMA1 stream 7 - for TIM2 CC4

Am i correct ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Yes, you should be able to get the configuration you want, at least in hardware. It's unclear why CubeMX thinks there is a conflict here, probably a bug.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Yes, you should be able to get the configuration you want, at least in hardware. It's unclear why CubeMX thinks there is a conflict here, probably a bug.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you, figured as much just wanted to be on the safe side and double check.