Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin names related macros missing after updating to STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

Please refer to attachment.

After I installed and used the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0, I am observing an issue. The PIN names that I had used in the IOC file, are now no longer present as macros in the generated code. Without the macro I no longer know the use of the PIN and have to refer to Schematics. The STM32CubeH7 MCU package version in use is unchanged and is 1.9.0

Please suggest a fix.

Thanks,

Rajeev

10 REPLIES 10
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ ,

Could you please share the original ioc file created with the previous version? I need to know some details such as the Part Number used and IPs configured to be able to reproduce the issue..

Thanks, Khouloud

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hi,

It appears that under Project Manager -> Advance Settings I had to manually change the settings for GPIO to first HAL, store it and then change it back to LL to get the correct output. I have to do the similar changes for RCC as well. Maybe an issue with the LL selection exists.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

Is there a link where is only visible to me and ST. As the file relates with a product, I will not like to share it here in the community.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Sure, you can send me your project in a private message 🙂

Khouloud

Hi,

Unable to figure out how to send a private email from ST Community. I would need the details in order to send an email via my official email.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ 

Just put the cursor on my name, then you will find a Message button, as mentioned in the image below, simple click on it, you can send me your project there.

0693W00000D1spWQAR.pngIf you still face a problem, don't hesitate to tell me 🙂

Khouloud

Dear Khouloud,
I am tied with some important code changes. As soon I am get done with it, I will recheck the IOC under question and will share it (if the issue persists).
Thanks,
Rajeev

Ok, I'll be waiting for your return 🙂

Khouloud

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Dear @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

You may use the IOC file that I shared with a different query.

My observation is that when I am setting RCC and GPIO to use LL drivers, and let the ETHERNET, FDCAN, (some) USARTs still use the HAL drivers, then this issue is observed:

Example: STM32CubeMX is overwriting exiting code:

```

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOC, ETH_MDC_PC01_Pin|ETH_RXD0_PC04_Pin|ETH_RXD1_PC05_Pin);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOA, ETH_REF_CLK_PA01_Pin|ETH_MDIO_PA02_Pin|ETH_CRS_DV_PA07_Pin);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOB, ETH_TXD0_PB12_Pin|ETH_TXD1_PB13_Pin);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(ETH_TX_EN_PG11_GPIO_Port, ETH_TX_EN_PG11_Pin);

```

with:

```

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOC, GPIO_PIN_1|GPIO_PIN_4|GPIO_PIN_5);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_1|GPIO_PIN_2|GPIO_PIN_7);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOB, GPIO_PIN_12|GPIO_PIN_13);

HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOG, GPIO_PIN_11);

```

This change is of concern to me, as now I do not know what is the use of GPIO_PIN_1. Instead it it would have still read as ETH_MDC_PC01_Pin, the informative name would have been more helpful.

Please help fix the issue.

Thanks,

Rajeev