cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q Bare Metal via STM32CubeMX

zirogravity
Associate

Hello, 

I have a NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q  I am using it to self study a bit more at the assembly level of the CM4/CM7.  

I used STM32CubeMX to create a Make Project for the MCU only i.e. not the BSP / Nucleo board. I did this so I could poke around  at the CM4/CM7 generated files and a few questions have come to mind:

1. Is there an existing example of a bare minimum Dual Core project?
    1. I am thinking Linker Scripts for CM4/CM7 and any startup code/vector tables/ assembler/ gcc command line/Markfile etc? I will probably strip down the CubeMx generated stuff but just in case that already exist somewhere? 
  2.  When I examine the CubeMX generated CM4 Makefile I notice that CPU=-mcpu=cortex-m7
    1. Should this not be CPU=-mcpu=cortex-m4?
  3. When I use Advanced Settings to change the settings from HAL to LL CubeMX still generates/adds the HAL files into the Project/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Src directory. Is this expected ? If I deleted them I would expect that is OK but I am unclear why any files would be generated/copied to the project if a dependency on said files does not exist? 
    1. I am really trying to breakaway from LL/HAL and just fixate on assembly and C to learn the H7 series CM4/CM7 

Thank you, 

Wess

0 REPLIES 0