Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil STM32CubeMxLauncher.exe couldn't find STM32CubeMx

sametyazici
Associate

I got this error below.

STM32CubeMX Launcher V1.0.4.0

Copyright (C) 2015 ARM Ltd and ARM Germany GmbH. All rights reserved.

*** Error: STM32CubeMX could not be found !

CubeMXLauncher termiates with error code 3

Enter any key to close.

I am using Keil Uvision 5 (MDK526) and latest version of CubeMx. I tried to find the solution for hours, but I couldn't find it. I have also fully implemented the suggestions in this article below, but each time the launcher was not found CubeMx. Then I looked at the list of installed programs of my coumputer with Windows Powershell and noticed that CubeMx was not on the InstalledList. And CubeMx was also not in Add/Remove menu. I haven't found it in Regedit. I guess the launcher can't run for this reason. Because it couldn't find CubeMx. So is there a way to solve this problem?

Additionally, after installation, CubeMX icon is not displayed on my desktop and CubeMx is not available from the Program menu. ioc files are not displayed with a cube icon. 

The article: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3823.htm

3 REPLIES 3
EYURU.1
Associate

I have the same problem too. Is there any solution?

afergan
Associate II

I faced the same problem too with STM32CubeMxLauncher.exe v1.0.5.0 and could not find the solution anywhere. After disassembling STM32CubeMxLauncher.exe i found this it looks registry for STM32CubeMX.exe path and there is no registry key for it, probably its a CubeMX installer issue. I added STM32CubeMX.exe path to registry and it works now.

The registry entry I used to solve this problem is attached. Edit the paths with your own STM32CubeMX directory.

Milki
Associate

Try reinstalling CubeMX with "Install for all users" option