cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRRemote on STM32L4RI-DISCO

Lanceh
Associate II

Hi, I'm new to STM32. I have an STM32L4RI-DISCO board and would like to add an IR receiver and decode RC5 signals. According to AN4834, IRTIM can be used on STM32L4. I have downloaded en.x-cube-irremote.zip.

Firstly it is not recognized by Cube MX.

Secondly when I look inside the zip file there is no mention of STM32L4, only STMM32F0 or3 and STM32G

How do I access the IRTIM functionality on STM32L4?

On the disco board I have set up TM3 to have a PWM Input on CH2, which I have allocated to PA7 which in turn appears on CN17 Pin 1. Is this OK?

apologies if this is obvious, but it is not to me.

Thanks in advance, Lance.

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

so you want receive IR remote signal - ok ; you have a certain remote you want to use ? (with Phillips RC5 code ?)

Use it for...?  Or just to learn something ?

Which IR receiver you have ?

AScha3_0-1721976692082.png

I made my IR receiving for my old Sony CD player remote, so for SIRC ; on H743 using TIM5 .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Lanceh
Associate II

Hi, my plan is:

Use our existing RC5 IR remote control transmitter, based on the old Philips SAA3010 chip (shame they don't make those any more) to control an STM32 chip to prototype the control system for our new product. Once I have this working I will then make the remote control transmitter part. One step at a time.

I have chosen the STM32L4RI-DISCO as I have one and AN4834 suggests to me it should work.

I have some old obsolete IR receivers for testing, but will probably go with TSOP96336TR in the long run.

I also have an STM32H7B3I-DK, which I would ideally like to use as the receiver end, but thought I start with the L4 version to learn with as it seemed easier.

I do not know how to add the IR library (is that the right term) from en.x-cube.irremote.zip to CubeIDE or CubeMX to use it with either of my options. I assume there would then be some modifications to make if I did.

Am I correct in thinking if you did it on an H743 I should be able to do it on my STM32H7B3I-DK? I have been able to set a timer to PWM input with pin that is exposed on one of the connectors.

If someone can point me in the right documentation I would appreciate it. I have spent most of the day searching, but obviously not asked the right question yet.

Hi,

so > One step at a time.

good.

I cannot tell about the IR lib , because i just made the receiving with a TIM myself (more challenge 🙂 ) .

Its not difficult, just need some thinking...how to do.

If you want do it same way, i help you . And target is H7B3 , so why not take this and we see... ?

What you need is just an (old) receiver, connected to a TIM input; i used TIM5 ch1 (as free on my board):

AScha3_0-1721983672237.png

Needs no lib, receiving is done in the timer INT - thats all. (Needs about 4us , at 200M core speed.)

Result is : nothing -- or a valid command sequence.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".