cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing STM32CubeMX to Eclipse

nikolacabrilo
Associate

Hello,

I am new to STM32 and trying to learn it by migrating from 8 bit PIC. I have started by setting Eclipse environment and created some simple programs. Now I want to use STM32CubeMX but i have problems. I use STM32CubeMX version 5.0.1, and Eclipse 4.9.0. I tried to import it manually following instructions from one book I got, but CubeMX doesn't make and files under Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Source\Templates\ and in every instruction it says that it should.

Than I tried this tool from github https://github.com/cnoviello/CubeMXImporter . When I use this tool and try to build project in Eclipse a lot of error occurs. If I fix one, new one pops up. Initial error is HAL_TICK_FREQ_DEFAUL undeclared here (not in a function). Problem I can see here, that I can't follow as instructed is that I don't have option Vendor CMSIS name when creating project in Eclipse (I don't know why).

I also try importing project direct in eclipse (file -> import) but than no MCU is selected and it wont compile the project.

Do you have any solution for any of those methods, how to import project from CubeMX to Eclipse?

10 REPLIES 10
JorgeNCanadea
Associate II

Hi Nikola, i have the same problem when i use book lessons, the templates folder is empty, how did you solve it? please help me.