cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Access Forbidden when attempting to install a previous MCU package version

MartinZ
Associate II

I am using CubeMX v6.2.1, when I attempt to install the L4 MCU package v1.10.0, I get an "HTTP Access Forbidden" error. I am seeing the same error on Windows and Linux.

I can download v1.9.0 and v1.11.0, and v1.17.0 without issue. The error only seems to happen with v1.10.0.

I am attempting to update a project from v1.8.0, however, the CAN API changed in v1.11.0, so wanted to upgrade to v1.10.0 as the most recent update prior to the CAN API change.

As far as I can tell, the error is on the ST web server, when I look at a network capture, I see the following HTTP request:

GET /packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100.zip HTTP/1.1

and the following response from the server:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden (text/html)

Any chance this can be corrected so I can get the v1.10 package?

Cheers,

Martin Z.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thank you for those inputs.

Actually, the problem was related to the download server sw-center.st.com when dealing with large files (the size of STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.10.0 folder is almost 1.8GB).

Normally the issue is fixed and you can download successfully STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L4 series version 1.10.0.

Could please give it another try and keep me informed if there is any progress.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Community member​,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

Please excuse the somewhat late reply and thank you for having reported.

Could you try please to do a Refresh before starting the download of the firmware package. This will refresh STM32CubeMX database with STM32 MCU latest information and so the list of available package versions.

0693W00000BbBKjQAN.png 

Hope this helps you solve your issue.

Khouloud.

Thanks for the response. I have tried refreshing before attempting to download.

I actually wound up running Wireshark to capture my network traffic to see the actual low-level HTTP request and response, you can see the low-level HTTP in my original message (I've also copied it below:

GET /packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100.zip HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden (text/html)

The full URL request URL is actually: http://sw-center.st.com/packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100.zip

The error is from the web server, indicating a permission issue with the file on the server.

Contrast this to a request for the v1.11.0 package:

GET /packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1110.zip HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

...which is then followed by a successful download and install.

If I try to download the same files from a Linux command line using the wget command, I see the same HTTP 403 error from the server.

wget http://sw-center.st.com/packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100.zip

--2021-06-16 15:43:41-- http://sw-center.st.com/packs/resource/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100.zip

Resolving sw-center.st.com (sw-center.st.com)... 104.123.196.137, 104.123.196.122, 2600:140a::687c:a51, ...

Connecting to sw-center.st.com (sw-center.st.com)|104.123.196.137|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

2021-06-16 15:43:43 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Not also that the error is 403 Forbidden, and not 404 Not Found. So the file *IS* on the server but the web server is not allowed to read/access it.

You will notice that both the URL for the v1.10.0 zip file and the v.1.11.0 zip file are referring to the same path on the same server, only the filename differs.

The issue here is on the ST web server. You may need to involve your IT team responsible for these servers to look into and correct the issue.

Cheers,

Martin Z

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thank you for those inputs.

Actually, the problem was related to the download server sw-center.st.com when dealing with large files (the size of STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.10.0 folder is almost 1.8GB).

Normally the issue is fixed and you can download successfully STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L4 series version 1.10.0.

Could please give it another try and keep me informed if there is any progress.

Khouloud.

MartinZ
Associate II

It is working now, THANK YOU!